Name Dr. Barry L. Nadel
Address Kfar Pines #74 37920
Phone 972-6- 6376694
Date of Birth July 11, 1953
Place of Birth San Antonio, Texas, U.S.A.
Marital Status Divorced/Widower
Military Service June-October 1982 (in IDF) 13 years of reserve duty
Volunteer to Border Police 11-2001-12-2011
1972-73 West Valley Junior College, Saratoga, California
Biology Lab assistant
Prepared all materials for biology course lab.
Inventory survey of all the College's equipment.
Dept. of Viticulture & Enology, U.C. Davis, Calif.
Analysis of grapes in field and lab and the making of wine samples.
Director and Youth Leader of Jewish Youth activities for the Jewish
Community of Davis, Calif. Created the Youth movement from
nothing and left with over 70 children involved.
Dept. of Fruit Breeding & Genetics, The Volcani Center, Bet
Lab assistant during PhD research
Field and lab analysis of almonds, citrus, grapes and peaches.
Plant tissue culture
1982 Galilee Technologies., Ramat Gan. Agricultural Advisor-
Wrote a National Survey on the Industrial Potential of Plant
Culture in Israel.
1983-84 Yishuv Ofra. Agronomist-
Orchards (grapes, peaches, nectarines, plums and cherry).
1984-85 Kibbutz Rosh Zurim.
Orchards cared for peaches, plums, kiwi
Field Crops-fodder crops
Dairy-milking and care of cows
Dept. of Horticulture, Faculty of Agriculture, Hebrew University,
Rehovot PhD. Researcher.: Use of Plant Tissue Culture for plant
Physiology and Propagation Developed tissue culture-derived
embryonic propagation system
Physiological studies employing tissue culture of aspen and oaks
1991- 2012 AGECOTEC, Agricultural and Ecological Biotechnologies, Ltd. Kfar
Pinnes #74, 37920
Managing Director-Plant tissue culture technology and vegetable
Breeding: pepper, tomato, watermelon and maize (sweet corn and
Corn Cane). Plant Physiology
2010-2014 Consultant for Citron Grower
2011 Consultant on Orchid production in Thailand
2012 Trenovation ltd. Contracted to domesticate medicinal plant
2012 Isratech 1996 Ruck Ltd. Chief Science Officer.
Agricultural technology, greenhouses and designing
2013-14 Chief Scientist and Agronomist for Breath of Life, Ein Iron: Medicinal
Cannabis breeding, application of agronomic technology. Tissue
culture of Cannabis. Improved propagation methods, growth media,
2013 Consultant on open field hemp project in China
2016 Consultant for the production of Ghat
1. Nadel, B.L. & Sahar, N. Differential sensitivity between and within species to
Mal secco Toxin. Phys. Pl. Path. (1983) 23:
2. Nadel, B.L. & Spiegel-Roy, P. In Vitro Selection of Cell Culture Variants of
Citrus limon to the Mal secco Toxin. Plant Science (1987)53:177-182.
3. Nadel, B.L. Use of Fluorescein Diacetate in Citrus Tissue Cultures for the
Determination of Cell Viability. Scien. Hort. 39:15-21
4. Altman A., Levin N., Cohen P. Schneider M. and Nadel B.L Polyamines in
growth and differentiation of Plant cell cultures: The effect of nitrogen nutrition
salt stress and embryogenic media. In: Zappia et al (ed) Advances in
Polyamine Research Vol.5 (1989).
5. Viterbo, A., Dekel, M., Nadel, B.L. and Altman A. Regulation of differentiation
in embryogenic celery cultures by polyamines. 2nd Intern. Cong. Plant
Molecular Biology, Jerusalem 1988
6. Nadel, B.L., Altman A. and Ziv M. Regulation of somatic embryogenesis in
celery cell suspensions: I:Promotive effects of mannitol on somatic embryo
development. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ culture (1989) 18:181-189.
7. Nadel, B.L., Altman, A. and Ziv M. Regulation of somatic embryogenisis in
celery cell suspensions: II Early detection of embryogenic potential and the
induction of synchronized cell cultures. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture
(1990) 20:119- 124.
8. Nadel, B.L., Altman, A. and Ziv M. (1990) Cold storage and efficient
conversion of celery somatic embryos into transplantable plants. Scien.
9. Nadel, D. and Nadel, B.L. (1990) A new 100% earless recessive trait in Zea
mays. Maize Genetics Cooperation Newsletter.64: 69-70.
10. Nadel, B.L. The use of fluorescein diacetate as a cell viability probe. Applied
Fluorescence Technology (1989) 1:13- 15.
11. Nadel, B.L., Altman, A. and Ziv, M. Regulation of Large Scale
Embryogenesis in Celery. (1990) Acta Hort. 280:75-82.
12. Altman, A., Nadel, B.L. and Pleban, S. (1990) The effect of growth
regulators on growth and polypeptide changes in Populus and Fagus bud
cultures. 7th Int.Cong. on Plant Tissue and Cell Culture. Amsterdam pp.
13. Nadel, B.L., Hazan, G., David, R., Huttermann, A., and Altman, A. (1991) In
vitro propagation of Populus species: Response to growth regulators and
media composition. Proc. 2nd. Int. Symp. Propag. of Ornamental Plants.
14. Nadel, B.L., Hazan, G., Hadari, H., Pleban, S., Altman, A. and Huttermann,
A. (1995). Physiology of Aspen in vitro: The effect of growth regulators on
growth and changes in polypeptides profiles. submitted to J. of Plant
15. Nadel, B.L., Sela, T. and Altman, A. (1995) The characterization of Aspen
(Populus tremula) cell suspensions grown in the presence of Aluminum
(AlSO4). submitted to Tree Physiology.
16. Nadel, B.L., Sela, T. and Altman, A. (1995) The selection of aluminum-
resistant cell suspensions of Populus trichocarpa. submitted to
17. Nadel, B.L., Altman, A., Pleban, S., Huttermann, A. (1991) In vitro
development of mature Fagus sylvatica L. buds: I. The effect of medium and
plant growth regulators on bud growth and protein profiles.(1991) Plant
18. Nadel, B.L., Altman, A., Pleban, S., Kocks, R. Huttermann, A. (1991) In vitro
development of mature Fagus sylvatica L. buds: II. Seasonal changes in
the response to plant growth regulators J. of Plant Physiol.138:136-141
19. Nadel, B.L., Altman, A., Kocks, R. and Huttermann, A. (1995) In vitro
physiological studies of poplar: effect of growth media and regulators on
growth and polypeptides submitted to Tree Physiology.
20. Nadel, D. and Nadel, B.L. (1995) Additive multigene model for the 100%
earless trait in Zea mays by sib mating analysis. submitted to Crop
21. Nadel, D. and Nadel, B.L. (1995) The Utilization of the 100% earless trait
ba4ba4): The development of male sterile hybrid, Maize Sugar Cane.
submitted to Euphytica.
22. Nadel, B.L., Altman, A. and Ziv, M. (1995) Somatic Embryogenesis of Celery
(Review) in:Bajaj .Biotechnology of Agriculture and Forestry 31:306-322.
23. Nadel, B.L., Hazan, G., David, R., Huttermann, A. and Altman, A. (1992) In
vitro propagation of Populus species: response to growth regulators and
media composition. Acta Hort. 314:61-68.
24. J Van Staden, SJ Upfold, A Altman, BL Nadel 1992 Metabolism of benzyl
adenine in embryogenic cell cultures of celery- Journal of plant physiology,
25. M. Danin, S. J. Upfold, N. Levin, B. L. Nadel, A. Altman, J. van Staden
PATENTS applied for
METHOD OF PRODUCING SUGAR AND ETHANOL FROM INFLORESCENCE- DEFICIENT CORN PLANTS
2008 METHOD OF PRODUCING SUGAR AND ETHANOL FROM
TRIPLOID CORN PLANTS
2015 Provisional patent for a Unique Flavor in Tomato
2016 PCT for a Unique Flavor in Tomato
2016 Provisional Patent: Tomatoes (Lycopersicum species) that have a Pungent Taste created by activating the non-coding genes for the capsaicin biopathway byCRISPRgene-Editing
2020 : Lightweight, low-cost, low energy consumption Growing System for Vertical Farming Gardening
2015 Seeking the Light of Justice (fiction)1st book of the Hoshiyan
2016 Art of Kosher Wine Making
2017 Secrets of Home Wine Making
2020 Production of vegetables in Greenhouses
Production of Herbs and Spices in Greenhouses
Production of Medicinal Cannabis in Greenhouses
Shielding the Light of Justice 2nd book of the Hoshiyan
1971-73 West Valley Junior College, Saratoga, California. Major-
1973-74 University of California at Los Angeles: Major-Agriculture, minor-
University of California at Davis. B.Sc. in Plant Science. Major-
Viticulture & Enology: studied grapes and wine making
Awarded the Jastrow-Shields Scholarship for undergraduate
research in the Life Sciences.
U.C. Davis, M.Sc. in Horticulture under Prof. H.P. Olmo, Dept. of
Viticulture & Enology.
Thesis 'Tissue Culture and the Induction of Haploidy in Vitis'.
Awarded the Winkler Scholarship for graduate research in
Hebrew University, Faculty of Agriculture in Rehovot. Ph.D.
under Prof. P. Spiegel-Roy Dept. of Fruit Breeding and Genetics,
The Volcani Center, Bet Dagan. Thesis `In vitro Selection of Cell
Culture Mutants of Citrus limon to the Mal secco Toxin.
Prof. A. Altman Dept. of Horticulture
Faculty of Agriculture, Hebrew University
P.O.B. 12, Rehovot 76100
Dr. Shlomo Pleban Stockton
Head of the Dept. of Research
Seed Dealer and breeder
Benjamin Ruck IsratechRuck1996 Ltd.